Saturday, June 29, 2013

Miracle Cure. 6-29-13

By the time I got to work, I looked even worse than I did in the photo yesterday. I jokingly asked a pharmacist friend, "So, do you have a miracle cure for poison ivy rash?" She immediately said, "Yes." I was a little shocked, but I went along with it. She proceeded to tell me about Zanfel cream and how wonderful it was. She was telling me about this person and that person whose poison ivy rash just went away in seconds. The Zanfel website was full of people touting its miracle powers. Unfortunately, she didn't have any samples, and she warned me that it was expensive, $30-40; so with that, I went right over to the hospital pharmacy to get some. 

I came back, went to our restroom, and started washing and rubbing. In some spots, rubbing was making it better. In other parts, the itch just wasn't going away. I was afraid to rub longer than 3 minutes. So, I rinsed it off. I was still itching, so about an hour later, I went back and tried some more. I was still itching. So, I went back to visit my friend to see how many applications of this stuff it was supposed to take. She called another pharmacist, and they decided I should wait until bedtime to try it again and use some hydrocortisone cream in the meantime.

About 1:30am, Boop woke me up wanting to nurse. Then, I started itching again and couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to take a Benadryl. When I looked in the mirror, it wasn't pretty.


I went to bed looking like the fellow in the 2nd photo. I woke up looking like the fellow in the 1st photo. Thank goodness I got up when I did. If I had stayed in bed all night, my eyes might have been swollen shut. Don't know how I could have managed that with a baby. At best, Zanfel did nothing; however, I suspect that I'm allergic to Zanfel, on top of the poison ivy. So, I guess I'll try to go to Urgent Care this morning before we go to the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment