Friday, May 18, 2018

Super Planet Janet, 5-17-18

Boop just discovered her blog and wanted me to update. 

Tears for Fears has been on heavy rotation: partly because I've loved the group for many years and were Boop's first rock concert (with the possible exception of Liam and Elroy when I was pregnant), and partly because the CD is stuck in my car CD player. It's like the Proclaimers cassette tape stuck in the car on How I Met Your Mother--sometimes you're digging it, sometimes you need a break and want to listen to NPR. 

Boop wanted me to post her singing Seeds of Love. Folks don't seem to have much love for others that are not like them these days. Seems like folks would rather try to punish the needy than give them a little hand up. Boop and I are still fighting for a country who cares about everybody and gives everyone a fair chance. So, Boop gets the idea of the song, if not the lyrics.





I think one of the lines Boop was going for was, "There's egg on your face and mud on your shoes." Misheard words and messages are a constant. Boop and I approach life with much spirit, but sometimes less accuracy. There's always that 3rd variable that we don't take into account, that wasn't on our radar. Sometimes the craziest hypotheses are the right ones. Sometimes we land with abysmal failure and embarrassment. Sometimes I'm simply on a different planet. I've gotten the wrong direction from folks a couple of times; so maybe I should just ask Mr. Jetson, "Which way do I go? What do you think I should do?" They have that little treadmill they put Astro on. Maybe that's my fate. Always older, never the wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment