Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sigh. 1/30/22

Boop got a gift card for a climbing wall for her birthday, and we finally made the trip with a friend. I guess she wasn't feeling it today. She was anxious about heights, but she made it about half way up the walls anyway. I kept trying to encourage her, but I wasn't doing it the right way, she told me. 


She needed to get out. Very cold, below 10 degrees F in the early mornings. A fair bit of snow. It's been kind of miserable for me who is used to more moderate climates. Boop manages a bit better, but I haven't been able to get her out of my bed. With all of the snow days, she just camps out up there playing Roblox and Minecraft. I have to work, but I have been working from home a fair bit. I mean, I work A LOT, just sometimes at the office. I'm still hoping I can get a functioning PC at work. Looking back through emails, I haven't been able to use Adobe reliably on my PC at work since last summer; apparently the 8 year old PC just can't manage a newer operating system. Eventually, the stars will align, and I will be compatible with 2020.

Boop got COVID in January and tested positive the day we were supposed to fly out to California. I had a borderline fever on New Year's Eve. Boop never had a fever. It was hardly discernable from a bad cold/allergies. Thankfully, we were both fully vaccinated, and I was boosted. I never tested positive: either I had something else, or my timing for testing was off. Boop did test positive. Although school started back on January 3rd, Boop has barely been to school for a handful of days since before Christmas between ailments and school cancelations. 

I've learned not to be optimistic about people where COVID is concerned. Our area has a high COVID count, yet a majority of folks are not wearing masks. So many in the hospital have not been vaccinated--by choice. We all know that COVID is endemic, now. Somehow, I'm going to have to figure out how to travel. I'm still unsure about my trip to San Antonio. I wish I could go further and see folks that I've been missing. Things feel out of sorts in some quarters, and I really don't know how to rectify it.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. It's hard to know the next step. Boop likes it here and doesn't want to move. I appreciate Aunt D who runs counter to the push, "She is a kid, and she will be fine. She might even be better." 

Remember this guy? I think of him often:

What a way to go out...


   

No comments:

Post a Comment