Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I've Found a Hiding Place. 10-1-13

A special hiding place. Anyway. I'm trying to get caught up. Always trying to get caught up.

I got up last Monday, got Boop and I ready and started out the door. Reached up to grab my keys off the etagere. Reached up to grab my keys off the etagere. Reached up, felt around. Wait. Looked at the etagere. Moved stuff around on the etagere. Where are my keys? Walked over to my shoe bin. Looked around. Felt around. Hm. Looked at the fireplace. Squatted down. Walked through the passageway. Surveyed the kitchen. Paced back and forth. Hm. Went to my sort pile of recycling and shredding. Lifted papers, flopped them down. Gave them a good frisking. Looked at Boop, "Honey, where are my keys?" "Keys! Keys!" she responded. She walked in circles like her mommy. I gave up on my memory long ago and try, try, try to keep my keys in the same place. I even put them on a long ribbon necklace; so I wouldn't be tempted to drop them just anywhere.

I called daycare. "We're going to be a few minutes late; can you save some breakfast for Boop? I've lost my keys." So, I grabbed a week's worth of stuff for daycare, slung it over one shoulder, and threw 30+ lbs. of Boop on my hip. I guess I was sort of balanced. Then, we walked down the street and over the hill to daycare. I got Boop sorted, and then I walked back to the house. Winnie was very interested in my pacing, and it was much safer to follow me around with Boop out of the house. I moved the etagere. I moved the shoe bins. I frisked lots of papers. I checked Boop's basket of books. Hm. I'm going to have to walk to work; so I started out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment