Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tempachew. 3-26-14

I'm so far behind. So far behind.
I was up half the night getting ready for the consignment sale. Wow, so many "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross for this one. Hopefully, I have cleared all of the hurdles. Coughing and difficulty breathing made it pointless to try to sleep any way. Boop was so kind as to share her ailment, but I don't think she's had it as bad as me. My voice totally left me sometime yesterday evening, and I'm trying to rest my throat so I can do another smoking cessation lab tomorrow. On top of all of the craziness, we got a couple of inches of snow this morning. Wait, didn't we just have spring last week?

So, I'm trying to get us all sorted and out the door in time for Boop to get breakfast at daycare. Boop looked up at me and said, "Mommy take tempachew." I was trying to make sure I had everything. I grabbed her bag, thinking maybe that's what she said. "Mommy take tempachew." I looked at her as she seemed pretty intent. "I don't understand," I whispered as loud as I could. "Mommy take tempachew." "Oh! You want Mommy to take her temperature. Yes, that's right. Mommy's sick, but I'll take care of it. Don't worry." She then pointed to my coat: "Mommy zip it." "Okay, Mommy will zip her coat up. That's good Boop." She can be a bitter pill at moments, but it's times like these that put it all in perspective.

And so, I'm sitting, hoping the codeine cough syrup will kick in so I can get some sleep. Getting out of the car at the urgent care this morning, I was thinking: how can people keep smoking if they can't breathe any better than me? There was something on the radio talking about emphysema being like trying to breathe through a straw. Stop smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment