Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Yep, She's Mine. 5-6-14

Boop loves to sing and completely out of tune. It's terrific. She sings with such enthusiasm, belting out 'Twinkle, twinkle little star' at the sight of a star in a book. We get a lot of 'Hoss cross buns, hoss cross buns, one a penny, any Winnie, hoss cross buns!' and 'Farmer unda deyw.' However, I'm either rubbing off on her, or it's in the genes. The other day, we were getting ready for dinner, and she wanted some marshmallows. Nope, not until after dinner, I explain. BUT, I almost relented when she belted out a new one, 'Hoss cross marshmallows.' Okay, very bad but very me. This tells me: (1) she's been listening to me and is aware that I change the words, (2) she understands that she can change the words--and does, and (3) my work here is not done: she still has more to learn.
Here's one from last month before she got a few of the words nailed down:

Unfortunately, I've been in hardcore grant-writing mode. Gotta make a livin'! However, it's hard to believe that I have to work this hard at it. I started down this path and invested so much time into my education, and the rules got totally changed on me. I guess many people feel this way about the economy. Anyway, this is something I'm going to try to integrate into my class next year. I think I like this better than the Truth campaign:




No comments:

Post a Comment