Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I’m Just a Woman. 1-3-15

  • Over Thanksgiving, we were in the parking lot of the grocery store, and Boop was a little agitated. I told her, “Well, we just need to pick up a few more things for cookie baking day, Chickadee.” She was incredulous: “I’m NOT a chickadee!” “Well, what do you want me to call you, then?” I asked. “I, I’m just a woman,” she explained. I had to laugh at that one, which didn’t help matters. She was grumpy and trudged through the entire store.
  • At Christmas, the planets aligned, I had no strains or challenges to my voice, Mom was able to hear me for the first time in several months—devices were present and functioning, and a Fisher Price Little People baby Jesus lay in a manger under our Christmas tree. It was a heady time, indeed.
  • At Walmart last week, Boop was walking ahead, and her jeggins were losing their hold. I called to her, “Hon, you think you better pull up your pants?” She ignored me. I looked to my left, and there was a guy in camo pulling up his pants. Okay, so that must be the worst pick-up line ever, but at least someone listened to me.
  • Boop’s hit single is ‘Shiny Day.’ I have no idea where she heard this song, but I think it’s one that she’s made up. Fortunately, unlike many grindingly annoying pop songs that are played over and over, her song changes every time she sings it, based on whatever she’s doing.
    Check out the hair.


·     

No comments:

Post a Comment