Friday, August 6, 2021

She’s HEALED! 8/5/21

It’s really quite miraculous (No Boop, I’m not talking about Miraculous Ladybug!). Boop’s motion sickness just did not appear at all along the hilly, windy roads on the way to the Adventure Park. Back in June, Boop had gotten sick on the way to my mother’s house, and Boop was sure it was car sickness. Later that night, she had a temperature of 100 degrees; so she had picked up something. My guess is that it was something that she got at the playground while scoffing about wearing a mask. One of the little girls who she didn’t know had hugged her, which amazed me. You have to wonder about the parenting happening there--both before and after it happened. So, it clearly wasn’t car sickness, but Boop continued to think it was and has been keeping me from traveling anywhere. Nope, motion sickness does not cause a fever. COVID and RSV do. Thankfully, she was better the next day, and our vaccinated family felt no ill effects. 
The Adventure Park made for a long and exhausting day, but the kids were thrilled. Although I’ve been trying to get in shape, I have not been giving my arms enough attention; so they are really feeling it! I’m so appreciative that a friend sent her husband and kids. The kids kept Boop busy, and he helped to get the kids up onto the inflatables. Toward the end of the day, Boop had gotten stuck, and I didn’t have the energy to help her. They knew that it was time to leave at that point, but they were already planning their next visit. I told them that we would have to wait until next year: partly because school will start soon; partly because I will need that long to recover! 
I had talked to a few other friends about going. Our neighbors just got back from a trip and hadn’t received their COVID results, yet. So, they decided not to come. My other friend is older and has an out-of-town friend visiting. When I called her last night, she had just found out that she had been exposed to COVID. Of course, my friend was vaccinated, but so was the person who got COVID. The person ‘had allergies’ and wore a mask at the meeting where my friend was exposed, but my friend was not wearing a mask. Later that evening, the person spiked a fever. I just hope that she didn’t get enough exposure to get it, as I’m not sure how well she will do. I’m relieved that I didn’t have any contact, but it’s spreading everywhere. We are trying to lobby our local school board and university to mandate masks, but it takes so much time and energy. Please stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment