Sunday, April 7, 2013

Taking Stock at Week 63/64. 4-6-13


Here’s what’s happening at Boop’s week 63/64:
  • We returned from our travels to a storm. Boop is spending full days at her new class now. She really didn’t get enough of a transition. Drop off has been physically draining. Most days she is hysterical when I leave. However, most folks say that she settles down and is fine after I leave. I can’t help feeling like I’m somehow betraying her. If it were a developmental thing as folks say, it’s strange that it only appeared when she went to her new class. I had to cut out the lunchtime nursing session; she’s just too upset when I try to leave again.
  • Lots of developmental stuff. After spending so much time with Mom, Boop’s picked up a few things from her. I can’t help but laugh. Boop straightens up after leaning over and says, ‘Oh, GAH!’ Poor Mom is having lots of trouble with her back, especially trying to pick up our little chunk. And I have heard Mom call upon the name of our dear Lord more than once out of pain. Sometimes Boop says words like ‘eat’ and ‘milk’ as clear as a bell. Most times she’s a bit lazy. However she will practice some things; for example, she walks through the house waving and saying ‘bye-bye’.
  • Another UTI for Winnie. We had to spend 1.5 hours at the vet, which had me pulling my hair out. We came straight from daycare with no snacks, and Boop was climbing the walls. This time we have to do 28 days worth of antibiotics. So, I’m struggling to get Winnie to take the meds. I’m out of tricks.
  • A bit faint in this shot but much worse in other places.
  • I have hives and a sinus infection. I accidentally got a piece of mango in a fruit salad over a week ago, and I got hives all over me. My tongue swelled a bit at the time, but the hives just wouldn’t go away. And I’ve been fighting this sinus infection for several weeks. So, I finally went to the urgent care and got on steroids and antibiotics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment