Sunday, August 11, 2013

'Roids. 7-15-13‏

Last week was kind of a mess. I had to take off half days on Monday and Tuesday for pink eye among other things. I was determined not to go back to Urgent Care. After all, I had just gone to Urgent Care the weekend before I left for the 4th of July holiday for poison ivy, and I broke the bank for a trip to the Urgent Care out-of-state over the holiday for a sinus and ear infection. I could barely talk the whole time I was visiting with family. Miserable. Then, after the trip, I woke up and could barely see. Couldn't see, couldn't talk, itchy: I wasn't good for much. 

The eye got better by Wednesday, but after coming off the steroids, my poison ivy got worse and worse. And worse. And then my eye started acting up again on Thursday. Friday found me back at Urgent Care. This time, they put me on a higher dose of steroids with a longer course--maybe 3 weeks. I'm starting to feel some better, thank goodness. I only got up once last night with crawling skin urging me to put on cream. 


Maybe I'm feeling a little too good. So good that yesterday, it seemed like a good idea to rearrange my bedroom by myself. This is a part of my longer term plan to have a bed to myself. I have 2 queen sized mattresses in my room and was trying to get them to fit across the shorter side of the wall, but they lacked about 2 inches. So, I moved the mattresses around again and again to slide one slightly under the bed frame. This while Boop and Winnie were 'helping' by hopping on the bed--'cause the mattresses weren't heavy and awkward enough without 40 additional lbs. flopping around on them. I did finally get them sorted, but I forgot to say, "Old Suit" once or twice. Attempting such ridiculous feats are why folks with arthritis should not take high doses of steroids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment