Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Taking Stock at 2.5 Years. 7-22-14

Gammy came in for the weekend, and we took Boop out to eat for her half birthday. Then, we went to Wally World to get her a couple of Dora's. I was hoping to entice her to bathe by getting another doll for the tub. She still despises getting her hair washed, as she doesn't like water in her eyes.

Boop still needs some work on perfecting the selfie.
Wait, did I actually use the word selfie? <cringe>

Later, Mom was talking to me in the car, "You were smart, but I think Boop's even smarter than you were." I laughed and said, "I know." Just trying to stay a step ahead. 

I thought I would make a note of some of our interesting conversations of late. 
  • When transitioning to her new class, Boop’s teacher told me that Boop was having trouble drawing things that represented other things. That explains why, every time she draws something, she points to it and asks me, “What Boop make?” That must be what they are always asking her. I laughed and said, “Well, I’ve seen her doing it.” The previous weekend, Boop told me to look on the wall where she had scribbled in crayon <cringe>. She proudly informed me. “It’s sailboat, Momma! It’s sailboat!” A deep breath and an explanation that we had to draw on paper and not on the walls. Fortunately, a magic eraser took care of her artwork.
  • Our conversation when looking at her Dora and the Unicorn book--
B: “There’s a candle!” (Her word for camel.)
M: “Honey, that’s a unicorn.”
B: “It’s cupcake on its head.”
M: “No, Honey, it’s a horn.”
B: “It’s cupcake.”
I was not going to argue with her so I just said nothing. She then went on:
B: “That’s Misslissa.” (Her name for one of her teachers and our friend. “Boop’s got 2 Misslissas!”)
M: “Oh, it is. Okay.”
  • Her favorite word now is Ganga or less commonly ga-ga. It’s a word she’s created to mean something she doesn’t know the word for/can’t remember the word, or more commonly when she’s telling a joke. It really cracks her up. I got her a few days ago. She didn’t want to get dressed for daycare. When I asked her what she wanted to wear, she told me “Ganga,” trying to be funny and put me off. I pulled out a random dress from the drawer and said, “Here it is, your Ganga; let’s put it on.” She was a little surprised but then seemed pretty happy with it. She later pointed to the flowers and butterfly on her dress and informed me that they were Ganga.
  • One of the teachers thought it was funny that Boop always refers to herself in the 3rd person. I thought about it, and I think I know why. I always refer to myself in the 3rd person, “Mommy needs ….” I think she knows my name by now. It’s going to be hard to switch to 1st person around her after making a habit of 3rd person for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment