Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lost. 4-2-15

Many different streams of thought brought me to think about my cousin, A. She was a older than me, and I just thought she was wonderful. As a teenager, she always took extra time for me, French braided my hair, entertained me. Most of my cousins were good to me, too, but I didn't get to see A that much. I remember we went up to stay with her grandparents for her uncle's wedding, and she made sure I had a good time. I remember Julian Lennon was in heavy rotation on MTV at the time, and A was just crazy about him—maybe she even said he was ‘dreamy’. But she could say it with complete sincerity, such a sweet person. And of course, I was his fan, too. She took good care of her little brother and seemed so loved--which is why I never understood how things went so awry. I still don’t. Drugs? It’s not an explanation. We lost her long before we actually did. Tragic, I guess that’s what it means. Now, her little brother takes great care of her little guy. And so it is with loss. We never really know what is going on in people’s heads. And in the end, we’re left to try to understand.  

Primal Scream Therapy?
Whatever works...


No comments:

Post a Comment