Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Trip to the Hospital, Part 4. 5-21-13

Things went much more smoothly when I went inside, except for a glitch with the flight. The flight was at 10pm, instead of 10am! Poor Winnie, but I managed to find someone to dogsit the extra 2 nights. If we went out on the 8:30am flight, it would be $500 more each. Fortunately, it was only $150 each leaving at 10pm. It would only be $50 each if Mom gets the proper documentation to United. (They weren’t happy with the discharge papers that I kept and submitted.)

So, discharge. There was some discussion about finding a pharmacy, but with her accent, I didn’t fully understand what the nurse was saying. The nurse had managed us a free voucher for a taxi and had given us a few snacks for the baby. It was after 5pm by the time we got back to the hotel; so Boop and I sat out for the Walgreens a few blocks from the hotel. No pharmacist. I didn’t think about it being after 5pm on Saturday. One of the guys at the check-out said something about the Castro district, but I knew there had to be something nearby. I stopped by the concierge desk to find a pharmacy. Again with the Doctor-on-Call! Why are they pushing them? He wouldn’t listen to me until he got it fully out of out of his system. Finally, he pointed me to the pharmacy in the Castro district. Then, he started with the taxi. I was taxi’ed out by this point and got information about the muni’s.

Mom was feeling better, and I knew I couldn’t manage Boop and the trip across San Francisco. So, I took Mom’s phone (mine was dead from all of the calls earlier in the day), left Boop with Mom, and headed out for the Castro district, with some bumps and starts trying to find the proper train.

No comments:

Post a Comment