Saturday, July 13, 2013

Burnin'. #3 6-20-13

I just scarfed down a Potbelly sandwich. I didn't realize that it had been about 7 hours since lunch. A little less than an hour to kill before boarding; so I have been pretty successful in wasting an entire afternoon. What I needed the most was a nap, but there really hasn't been a place to rest. And my mouth is still on fire. The trick is to see how many barbecue chips and how much of the sandwich with peppers you can eat without taking a drink. Yep, that bored.


My world was almost turned on my head today. It hit me about halfway through the meeting this morning that there was a Potbelly at the airport. And so I figured I would eat something at a nearby restaurant for lunch and have a sandwich for dinner. Of course, as I'm walking to find lunch, I saw a Potbelly, and it upset my apple cart. But I had already planned to have it for dinner! The thought occurred to me to eat it twice... I figured I would opt for Thai for lunch. Best to have all of the crazy spicy food I can before I need to worry about the baby. She is a good sport and will try some mildly spicy things, but when the spice hits her, she is flailing her arms and rubbing her tongue in distress. I never give her anything that spicy, and it's not really consistent about what she will and won't eat. No pepperoni, yes beans and rice, no sausage, yes Kenyan goat stew, no sambosa, yes hummus. The glories of having a toddler. 

So much for the screen door!
Well, she had ripped a few months ago, but she ripped it even further. 






No comments:

Post a Comment