Friday, July 12, 2013

Growin' Like a Weed. #2 of 6-20-13

Have I used this title before? Have I heard this line before? Uh, yep. Relatives would see me at the holidays that I hadn't seen in a while. They'd give me a look over and then pronounce that I was 'growin' like a weed'. They were as equally likely to mean that I was growing out as much as growing up. Fortunately, neither is as true for me now, for the moment. However, Miss Boop has outpaced me in growth rate when I was her age. It's hard to believe she's 17 months old. I was talking to Mom, telling her that 'you won't believe how she's grown!' She said, "I know, I was just there last week!" "No Mom, I mean since you last saw her." She said, "Yes, I know she's gotten big." Hm. It didn't really sink in.


So what does she say when she arrives? "My goodness, I can't believe how big you've gotten! You've grown an inch since I was here last week!" She then informs me that 'she's really grown!' Yes, I was trying to tell her that on the phone. I guess you can't believe it unless you see it. Boop was already at the 85-90th %ile, but I don't know what her rate is like now. She's bigger than the boys in her class, and they're older. Mom was quick to tell me that she had outgrown her shoes. Well, I guess I'll have to figure something out, find some shoes somewhere. Maybe head back out for a few minutes to see what I can find. I've still got time to kill here in fabulous Gaithersburg.

Boop with her babysitters, showing something to Aunt D

No comments:

Post a Comment