Sunday, July 14, 2013

Taking Stock at Boop's Month 17. 6-20-13

Here's what's happening at 17 months:
  • Boop sings a lot. She has a few little songs that I recognize, one's that she's made up. One of her favorites that I like is the Mommy song. It's lyrics, as you might guess, are "Mommy, mommy, mommy..." It's a real song. She's not trying to get my attention. There is a refrain that she gets to after a few repetitions where she goes up an octave that's a little out of her reach, and her voice cracks. Pretty darn cute. I need to get it on video.
  • Winnie is loving Grandma time since Mom has been visiting more often with her knee replacement. Winnie looked like she was getting a UTI again after Mom's last visit, but she seems to be getting better. I need to get her to the vet to get her shots. I need to get Boop in for her shots, too.
  • Winnie and Boop still don't get along. Well, they get along at meal time when Boop is sneaking her food, but I can't say there's much else. Winnie has asked Boop to throw her toy but is a little disappointed when Boop can't. But Boop is catching on; she knows to give Winnie's toy to me to throw for her.
  • Boop is a big girl. Her last weight was nearly 30 lbs. Yes, at 17 months old, she's nearly 30 lbs. I don't feed her junk; she loves veggies; she's always busy; she moves around a lot. So, I'm not sure I understand it, other than the fact that she is still on antibiotics and is still nursing a bit. She's tall, too. She was laying beside me the other night, and I was trying to get her and Winnie sorted in the bed. I was having trouble, and I realized she had grown a fair bit. I'll be interested to see how big she is at her 18 month well-child check.
  • Boop is managing a spoon pretty well. She likes a big spoon to help her get the food to her mouth. She's getting better, but she still likes to use her fingers. Her favorite food is raisins. Unfortunately, raisins are verbotten for dogs, and Boop loves to feed Winnie raisins. It's not a good situation.

taken by SF




No comments:

Post a Comment