Thursday, July 11, 2013

You Be Illin'. 6-20-13

That's ridiculous. I don't know why it came to mind. Saddly, I'm lacking in fried chicken. But, I'm certainly sitting still for a minute, taking it all in--a rarity these days. I've actually been sitting here for an over an hour. Lovely Gaithersburg, MD hotel lobby. The joys of living in a small town are transportation issues. Our meeting finished up a little after noon today, and I have A LOT of time time kill before my flight at 10pm. The last flight back home was the same time as my meeting finished; so no luck there.


I piddled for a while, walking around looking at shops, had a bit of lunch with some fellow meeting-goers, and then went to shop a bit more. Earlier, I was thinking of going into DC for the afternoon, but I'm already tired. I would claim being old, which is true, but more the point, I've just been burning the fuse at both ends. 

In the past week, I had a grant due, and about the only time I could find to work was at about 2am until the baby woke up at 6am. Then, putting in a full day at work and chasing around a toddler all afternoon. Yesterday, I had a slight reprieve long enough to get my mom and aunt settled into the house before I had to leave. This morning, I woke up at 4:30am to fly in for the meeting. I'm thinking in the last 4 days, I've gotten a little over 10 hrs of sleep. And so, I'm hoping to get home to my little one soon. I took off work for a few hours tomorrow morning, but I know there is no sleeping in!

CHEERIO!







No comments:

Post a Comment