Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Taking Stock at Week 59/60. 3-12-13

Here's what's happening at Boop's Week 59/60:
Boop's new shelves

  • I gave up with trying to think back so far. That requires more mental capacity than I got--as does grammar, apparently! My life is too complicated. Long gone are the days that I can just pick up and go. Hopefully, they will return when Boop can face forward in the car seat, use a fork and spoon, and brush her teeth on her own. Then, they will be gone again to the school year when she starts school. I feel like I could teach her more than she can learn in school, but home schooling isn't a good option.
  • Boop is obsessed with her 'teehs' (teeth), which she also points to in her mouth. She thinks teeth are hilarious, especially mine, and her laughter is often accompanied by enthusiastic clapping. And teeth brushing--probably one of the highlights of her day! Sometimes I hear her talking about her 'teehs' as she's buckled in her car seat behind me; although I don't know what she's saying about them.
  • Winnie is recovering from the dog attack, but she has another UTI. Poor thing. At least there are no more stones. More antibiotics. Boop and Winnie are on the same ones.
  • We stopped at the pediatrician on our way back to visit family, and then we got a call on Sunday (!) that Boop had another UTI. I was pretty sure it was contaminated, as Boop wasn't particularly fussy and as the bacteria was uncommon for UTI's. I took her back to the pediatrician today for a retest (normal), but she had pink eye. Anything to do with touching the head is rough for a toddler, but trying to put drops in her eye is pretty near impossible!
  • Taxes are done, hallelujah! They took me a few days to do, and I'm going to put the money towards something for me: braces! Is it too indulgent for me to not want my teeth to chip anymore because they don't fit together properly? My previous dentist put something to cover my front tooth, but it chipped right back off. 
  • I broke down and decided to try to refinance my mortgage. The extra money each month will help. And when Boop settles into her new daycare class, the rate for daycare will go down a tiny bit. She is starting to transition into the big girl class now. It will be nice to be able to save a little money each month for a change, and it will be nice to be able to manage some help.
  • Mom wanted to be called 'Gammy'. I tried to tell her that Boop will call her what she calls her. And it looks as though Boop has decided her name is 'GaGa'.

No comments:

Post a Comment