Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Weekend. 2-26-13


It’s 2am, and my mind is buzzing. I was trying to pull together an exam for yesterday, and this was complicated by the fact that my assistant had never given an exam before. He tried, and I appreciate him hanging in there. But it magnified my stress level.
Poor Baby!


I got behind this weekend for a couple of reasons. For one, I was traveling for work on Thursday and Friday; so I didn’t have much time in the office before needing to finish the exam. The other reason is that most of my Saturday was taken up by a very unfortunate event. I had planned to do a bit of work on my exam while Mom was still in town and could help with the baby.

Mom had taken Winnie for a walk after we returned from errands. They were gone a while, and I was starting to wonder what had happened. I figured I would wait a bit, as I didn’t want to spur friction if I went to look for them. Not long later, we got a call from the dog park. A dog had attacked Winnie. So, I grabbed Boop and went down to see what had happened. The owner was there, and I looked him square in the eye and said, “You need to pay to have her evaluated.” Winnie was bleeding, and we tried to find a pen to take down his information.

One of the people we encountered while in search of a pen was walking back from a nearby ball game. She just happened to be a vet. She agreed that she needed to go to the vet, and we both thought it would require a few stitches and some antibiotics for infection. As it was Saturday afternoon, vet offices were closed; so after getting the fellow’s name, we head to the animal hospital in a nearby town. As it turns out, our initial assessment was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment