Monday, March 25, 2013

Whine, Whine. 2-12-13

Don't think I've posted this one??

Okay, who did it? Who wished a pox upon our house? We might as well display a skull and cross bones on the transom of our door, as a warning for all who enter. Winnie is fighting UTI’s, and her current status is uncertain after a week of antibiotics. Next week, we go back for a check.
And I let Boop go on for too long. I was hoping it was a cold that would pass. Unfortunately, it settled in her lungs, leaving her with bronchiolitis and an ear infection. I was too tired on Friday to drive to the next town to take her to the pediatrician with walk-in availability and opted to wait for Saturday morning walk-in closer by. They put her on nebulizer breathing treatments every 4 hours and antibiotics for her ear infection. Poor thing. The nebulizer made her hysterical. We had to hold her down for the 1st one. Since then, it has been variable. We have relied heavily on YouTube children’s songs to distract her for the 10 minute treatments. The YouTube videos are always a crap shoot. It’s amazing the potty mouth language of some of the commercials before children’s songs. The Zoosk one is really obnoxious. And then, some of the actual children’s songs are problematic, too. A probably unintended consequence of one of the songs is teaching a child how to beg for a dog. Parents: listen to songs from Patty Shukla on YouTube before you let your little ones listen. I guess that goes for all songs on the Internet. The one of the Kentucky Derby horse seemed promising, but again, you’re not sure what you’re going to get.

Puff, the magic dragon

It looks like I’ve picked up the ailment that led to Boop’s current maladies. The DO at the urgent care and I think it might be some sort of RSV. And she sent me home with a script for antibiotics in case I wound up with an infection. She told me to watch for some signs of a sinus infection at the end of the week. Unfortunately, it looks like we’re already there after 4 days. It may take 2 weeks to clear. I can’t afford to miss this much work!

No comments:

Post a Comment