Thursday, September 19, 2013

Harvest Moon? 9-19-13

I got a little more sleep last night. Of course, Tuesday night was no fun. That was the night before I had to teach. Winnie was up a lot: pacing, pacing. My friend stayed over that night (her boyfriend lives out of town, and she stays here when she can’t manage the trip back and forth).  We were already in bed; so Winnie had to announce her arrival. The diaper fairy also visited early that morning to bring clean diapers. And then my friend had to leave early for a trip. So, Winnie was making sure Boop and I knew everyone who was coming near the house—in or out. Then, she added on a few extra up-and-abouts to make sure I got no rest. Turns out, my friend at work said it was the full moon. Her dog goes a little nutty then, too. She took something herbal to help her sleep. Yep, I’m still nursing; so not an option for me.  

So, I guess I had always heard about things being nutty around the time of the full moon. For a while in school, I worked at a nursing home associated with an inner-city ER in Indy. Oh boy, could you tell when there was a full moon! However, a friend from China says this moon is a time for celebration. Perhaps this is Harvest Moon. She brought in some moon cakes for the holiday, and she brought in a special one for Boop. Boop had to sit her high seat because she did NOT want to share with Winnie.


No comments:

Post a Comment