Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Taking Stock at Month 20. 9-17-13‏

Here's what's happening with Boop at 20 months old:
Doesn't quite fit into these yet...

  • This morning she informed me, "Boop Winnie's Dog." I quickly followed up with "Winnie is Boop's dog;" however there is probably more truth to the former. Winnie still doesn't put up with much from Boop, and Winnie has Boop trained pretty well when it comes to dinner time. Boop is starting to catch on though. When it's something that Boop likes to eat, she tells Winnie in no uncertain terms, "NO," and "Go AWAY!"
  • It's a case of 'be careful what you wish for.' Boop isn't saying "NO" to everything these days. It's turned into an emphatic, "NO WAY!!" and is accompanied by a swinging arm to get rid of the offense. Trying to get her dressed in the morning is challenging. She doesn't want to wear clothes. It's pretty inconvenient as the cold weather is moving in. I get the swinging arms a lot. And she's pretty forceful when she throws her little body around.
  • When am I going to get time to take Winnie to the vet? She had another accident yesterday after a while of no messes in the house. I'm just starting to get caught up after a week of some flu-like virus, and now I need to get Winnie sorted. I wish I were back to 100% to manage it, but I still have this funky cough that picks up whenever I have a little activity.
  • The decks still aren't finished. I was hoping that I could get the back deck finished; so that we could set up Boop's inflatable pool. Now that the main area is finished, the temperature has taken a wee nose-dive, not getting above 70. Friday looked like it might hit 80, but now that has been revised downward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment