Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2, 3, 4, Tell the People What She Wore. 11-3-13

I’m a bit drained after a day work trip away, while her grandma had a little one-on-one time with Boop. Bless her heart, Mom tried to save munchkin from herself, but there was a bit of collateral damage that I was trying to set aright upon my return. A friend also needed some information for some research he was doing, and I’m trying to pull that together <ahem>. Mom’s departure today reminded me a bit of the 1st time she had to take Winnie to the groomer. Let’s just say it was fraught with anxiety and tears. The groomer finally just had to tell my mom to leave. And so it was today. After her 10th vacillation back and forth between the den and the door, and Boop getting increasingly upset, I convinced her that she just needed to go. Boop had already quit crying by the time Mom made it to her car.

And so I’m trying to prepare myself for the coming week, many dealings with people (students) who want feedback, like my friend's research. Sometimes people say things that I don't expect. One reaction is to want to tell them what's wrong with what they are saying. My second reaction is confusion: how did they reach their conclusion? Did they really think this through? My third reaction is to search my own experience and admit that I’ve probably done this, too, and probably still do. Maybe they get this better than me. And my fourth reaction is to wonder if they are putting in enough effort (and creating more challenges for me)? I can only try to keep plugging away. At the end of the day, I’m just trying to hold on to a little bit of sanity and keep a roof over our head. Boop seems to be doing okay, so far, and she does get to spend a little time with family. It’s hard to be away, though.

These are some photos of Boop's Last Swim of the Summer a few weeks ago.
The water was COLD, but Boop loved it. 
I had tried to heat the water with pots from the stove to no avail.
"So we have to say good-bye to the summer!"








No comments:

Post a Comment