Monday, November 11, 2013

Mr. Right? 11-11-13

Dating is a bit of a minefield. I didn't mean to sound like Pat Benatar.  There is a little social network group of local single moms I keep up with. Their demographics are a bit different than me, as most are in their 20's, not settled into their career, and have an unfortunate history with their baby daddy. These ladies and their dating fiascoes. I've been there, but fortunately, I was never really dependent on having a man around. I wouldn't mind dating again (my interest has been piqued: admitted), but I don't want Boop to be harmed by a bad relationship. 

I've learned to do many things by myself, and I hope to do that for Boop. In fact, the person doing developmental testing last weekend asked me if she could see Boop climb down stairs. I put Boop at the top of our flight of stairs, and she began making her way down by herself. The evaluator was a bit confused, "Well, we only needed her to climb down 2 or 3."  


A little bird this morning was warning me to be careful: not sure where that came from? I had always told myself that I could have Boop and re-evaluate the dating situation and more possible children later. Fortunately, I don't have to make any of these decisions right this minute; no one wants to date me! I guess I should make some trite reference to my ticking biological clock, though. If I am able to meet the right person, great! But I always think of that episode with Dr. Phil, "Someone would have to throw themselves on the hood of your car to even be on your radar!" That about sums it up. I'm not the most observant person, nor do I put myself out there much. Maybe I'll meet him eventually.


Taken by SF

2 comments: