Friday, November 8, 2013

Care. 11-8-13

I've kind of gelled with a few doctors that I'm comfortable with. My family medicine doctor and my rheumatologist are pretty good. My dermatologist is fine, too. I haven't seen a cardiologist since I've been here. I really don't have the time or energy to deal with them all. It's enough to try to keep Boop and Winnie well. 

I like the vets that Winnie has now. It's a clinic; so there are a number of vets there that we have seen. I'd say that I liked about 5 out of the 6 we've had there. Even with the one that I wasn't crazy about, I still felt like I was getting good care. She's on longer-term antibiotics, and she seems to be doing well. We still don't know what is causing the UTI's, but we seem to have found something that makes her feel better. <EDIT 11-8-13: Another UTI, urgh!!>


With Boop I'm still struggling a bit. Bless her heart, I rarely feel like we have any solid answers for anything. As I wrote before, I was the one that suggested the UTI. Now we are struggling with some skin condition. I'm debating about trying a new doctor, but darn it, they just can't be available every hour and every minute I fret over every little hiccup. I would feel better if we had a solid generalist who was good at diagnostics. I've had a couple of really good rheumatologist who have been able to zero on in a few problems I've had, and I've felt much better as a result. Wish I could get Boop on the right track.


Boop at the university demonstration farm a few weeks ago



No comments:

Post a Comment