Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ancient Wisdom. 1-1-13


I’ve been reflecting on some advice that I received from my mom and aunt D over Christmas. My mom has been on me for some time to get Boop some good shoes, the traditional white leather Stride Rites, and this was seconded by my aunt. Boop’s been wearing leather slippers, like Robeez, which are good shoes but not really for walking. We also saw Boop’s cousin over the holidays that was born a few days after Boop who is walking around like nobody’s business <of couse, he’s also half Boop’s size>. His mother was saying that hard-soled shoes really helped him to walk.
New Shoes

The trick has been to get over to the store to get her measured, as they are only open during the day. Fortunately, they were open yesterday, and we picked out a pair that we liked. Unfortunately, they didn’t have them in stock and would have to get them from their store in another town. Rather than order them online, I tried to support the local store; so we will get them late this week or early next. I’ll admit I’m a bit ambivalent about doing anything to hasten Boop’s walking. I can barely keep up with her as it is!

The other topic of discussion at Aunt D’s was the almanac. When I hear almanac, I think of the mini-encyclopedia with world facts and figures. I have a cousin who is 2, and her mother and my aunt were discussing the best time to take away bottles, take away pacifiers, etc. Of course, they were talking about the Farmer’s Almanac, and apparently, it tells you the day that you should do these various things. So maybe I need to get an almanac and just go through the list of transitions that Boop needs to accomplish before going into her next class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment