Thursday, January 31, 2013

Taking Stock at Boop's Week 54. 1-31-13

Here's what's happening at Boop's week 54:

Who is this little girl?
  • Winnie had her first accident on the carpet this year, which is better than expected. She wouldn't go out at lunch, and I got home a little late. Fortunately, I don't think it was UTI-related. 
  • Boop and Winnie have their ins and outs. I was encouraged when Winnie let Boop pat her on the floor. Then, an hour later, Winnie is ready to bite Boop's hand off for picking at her. Maybe this is a sibling thing?
  • Boop is still nursing, but I'm thinking more and more about the next step. The transition from bottle to sippy cup has gone well. She seems happy enough either way, and she's just as happy to try to drink out of a regular cup with some help. 
  • It shouldn't be a surprise to learn that Boop is a human garbage disposal: fruit, veggie, meat, carbs, dog food, it's all good. I've had to take Winnie's food out of her mouth more than once, unfortunately.
  • As for me, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. In the meantime, I'm trying to do old people stuff like save for retirement. I've started a little 529 for Boop--thanks to our cousins, and I've talked to Mom about starting one there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment