Sunday, January 6, 2013

Just ask Boop. 12-31-13


I’m delicious, apparently. Boop loves to take bites of my chin and cheek. I used to think it was because she was teething, but she still does it now that she has her teeth, to a much more painful effect.

I’m hilarious. Boop throws back her head and giggles when I talk to her, even when I say ‘no’. And yes, I realize that’s not the best thing.

My teeth are fascinating. She reaches out to touch them with her pointer finger. Maybe it’s the yellowing from all of the Mother’s Milk tea.

I’m the greatest singer in the world. Boop can be crying, screaming, yelling, but it’s my singing that will calm her and make her smile. She easily bores of all of the CDs, DVDs, and YouTubes I offer, to the dismay of my weary vocal chords.

I’m practically Ginger Rogers. As they say, she kept up with Fred Astaire but had to do it all in reverse. I can belly dance, almost, with Boop on my hip. Top that, Fred!

I’m better than Bessie and all of the other cows on the farm. I may not make much, but I try to think quality over quantity. Boop seems to think so. She has gotten in the habit of handing me her bottle of formula after only drinking an ounce or so in the evenings. Maybe she isn't that excited about drinking it.

My smile is magic. Most folks comment on how happy Boop is. Quite a change of pace, verdad? And the quickest way to get Boop to smile is for me to smile.

My toys are the best. The remote control, the cell phone, the computer: much better than anything Fisher Price makes, even better than Little People!

Momma is the greatest word. EVER. Sometimes it’s the only word. Said over and over again. I’ve never tried to count how many times she says it in the average day.
I better enjoy it while it lasts because it won’t last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment