Monday, November 5, 2012

Izat You, Girdle? 10-27-2012


My dermatologist had a little boy recently. She’s a bit more particular about her looks than most doctors I know, but I think that may be a dermatologist thing. I complimented her on how well she had trimmed down already. She whispered to me, ‘Spanx!’ I’ve heard of these things. Foundational garments always bring to mind the scene in Gone with the Wind where Mammy is practically strangling Scarlett with that corset. “Tighter, tighter!”
Boop as Minnie Mouse

It seems miserable. I’ve never really had much desire. But I saw a pair of the undies on sale on Zulily, and I thought I would give it a shot. Well, probably easier than lipo… I’ll stop there.  So, I put them in my virtual cart along with some Christmas finger puppets for Cecilly. This past week, they <I’m debating about whether a pair of undies should be singular or plural. Neither looks right.> finally came in this past week.

I figured I’d try them on as there wasn’t much going on, and if I didn’t like them, I didn’t have to wear them for very long. Hm. Well, I hardly got them on before I took them right back off. Wow, they were bad! Why? I don’t get it. Why not walk over hot coals barefoot instead? So, that was the end of my relationship with a foundational garment. I want to do something with them, but I have no idea what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment