Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lap bandit 10-26-12

Boop in her outfit from Aunt R and Uncle J

Boop is cracking me up. She is having a heck of a time with stranger danger and separation anxiety. It's getting better now that she can move a bit, but it's the age. Hopefully, things will calm down when she starts walking and can follow me everywhere. Not-so-funny, Boop's teachers are stressed out because of the amount of turn-over and being short staffed. They said that there were going to be 9 new people starting with infants next week. Yesterday, a new person came into the room as a substitute, and Boop lost it. Not sure if that was the true root cause, or not, but it was about 7:30pm (after being home for a couple of hours) until she really calmed down. This morning her teachers were saying that their lunch substitute for today has never fed a baby before. Gee, that's reassuring--uh, no.


So, none of this is funny, and I should get to the point of the funny, clingy part. When I started writing this, I had just looked at Boop's photo from the farm where she had been playing in the corn, with the extreme close up. Boop may not be able to walk or crawl very well, but she can dern well find my lap and crawl into it, and lickety-split, I might add. She is fast. She sees that I'm about to make a motion to stand up, and suddenly, she has a firm grip on my legs. Then, her face is in mine. I'm immobilized. I can't help but laugh at being outsmarted by a 9 month old. As she gets older, I hope she uses her power for good, rather than evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment