Friday, November 2, 2012

Taking Stock at Boop's Week 41. 11-1-12

Here’s what’s happening at Boop’s week 41:
  • Boop is toddling along. She needs my help to walk, but she loves to stand and hold onto things. Bless her heart, she's had some unfortunate spills. This morning, she was crawling and ran smack dab into the edge of the opening for the door. 
  • She's starting to drink water out of her sippy cup. Sleep is still a problem, and she's not very good at self-soothing. One of her little tricks is that she crawls into my lap faster than I can stand up, and then she's like an octopus. So, clingy! I try to encourage her that she'll be okay while I'm in the next room, but she's not at all convinced.
  • Winnie isn't doing great with the UTI. I need to take her urine back in for a check. Hopefully, I can go on Saturday. She's been on antibiotics for almost 2 weeks, and she's still peeing on the floor. Mercy Sandy, and all of the rain. I've had to carry her out to the grass to make sure she goes to the bathroom. Sometimes, I can't get her to budge from her crate, and she about bites my hand off if I try to get her.  It's not been an easy time. I don't know what we're going to do, but this doesn't seem to be working.
  • I'm doing a little better at keeping up with the house and cooking. This morning, I got up around 5:30am and finished a load of laundry. We're still cloth diapering with the service, but the tricky part is that she needs a diaper cover for every diaper at daycare. Then, of course, she has to have a fresh sheet every day. And she can easily go through 3 outfits in a day. So I wind up doing a lot of laundry. 
  • I'm also washing a lot of toys. She loves to play with her toys. Like me when I was little and like every other little one, one of her favorite activities is to pull out every last thing in her toy boxes. I try to keep Winnie away from Boop's toys and Boop away from Winnie's toys with some success.

No comments:

Post a Comment