Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What a Difference 10-28-12


Today has been calm, but yesterday was a mess. We got out at about 10am to go look for toys for my cousins.  There was supposed to be a sale, but unfortunately, I had the wrong day. Then, I went to Lowes to pick up some door knobs and wound up with some other stuff, too. I found some things for baby proofing, but I don’t know if I’m going to keep it all.
Sandy came for a visit <see snow in background>... Boop is not too thrilled
Then, we went on to Wally World. Normally, I would have just gone on home, but I was supposed to meet someone from craigslist who wanted to buy some of Boop’s old swaddlers. I had also pulled some other clothes and things together in case she wanted those. After the last fiasco with Mom playing mediator, I gave the woman my phone number. While running errands, she texted me a few times. Once, she texted to say that she was only interested in the clothes. Then, she texted to say that she wasn’t interested in the clothes <after I had already packed them, urgh!>, just the swaddlers, that her boyfriend was coming. This made me a little nervous, but at least we were meeting in a very public place.

Boop missed her nap. I made a quick trip through Wally World, and I made it out by noon, when we were supposed to meet. We were parked up front, and the police were there giving child car seat checks. So I texted the woman at 12:07 to say where we were. About 12:15, she texted to say that she couldn’t reach her boyfriend. With that, we went over to the car seat inspection station and asked the police to fix her car seat positioning. Boop was screaming, poor thing. Stuck in her car seat, it was chilly; she had a wet diaper and was hungry. At 12:30, no sign of craigslist boyfriend or the woman, I texted her to tell her I was leaving. Never heard another word. Knowing folks here, it’s very, very unlikely that anything happened to him. I can only be reassured that karma will put her in a similar situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment