Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Go-Go-Go! 11-6-12


I already knew it when I was carrying her. Boop is a busy girl. But, I never expected her next words after Ma-Ma: “Go, go, go, go!” With her being around the 90th%ile for height and weight, you might think it would be something like “Food.”
A rare moment of calm...
When I heard it one weekend, I wasn’t sure I was really hearing what I thought I was. The next Monday, her teacher filled me in. The two older kids can walk alright on their own. So when those two are finished with lunch, the teachers help them down from the high chair and help them to walk away from the feeding area saying, “Go, go, go…” I don’t think the older kids say it very much, but for little Boop, it’s like a mantra and a motto.

So, Boop is knocking and banging around quite a lot, and unfortunately some of that banging involves her head <wince> <heart stop>. I just imagine her risk of Parkinson’s disease going up exponentially each time she takes a spill. Not sure if that’s a real risk factor (falls as an infant), but it can’t be good. I’m thankful that each time she falls, she whimpers and wants Mommy, but then she goes right back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment