Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Cards. 12-2-12


I tried to write out a few Christmas cards today. My card list is *very* limited because I simply don’t have the time or energy with busy Boop and grants due. So, I had a few photos to include, and I had to hunt down a few addresses. Oh my goodness! It was a bit like wrestling a monkey, I think. There were hands and feet everywhere, grabbing and kicking. I tried to nurse Boop, which usually gives me a little time, but the distraction of the paper everywhere was too much for her.
Boop with a present from Ireland. Thanks!
She loves to eat paper. I’m not sure if she really means to eat it, but she likes to suck on it and chew it. Every little thing she finds goes into her mouth, and when I see her chewing, I know I need to do a quick finger sweep of her mouth. Unfortunately, I have found paper in there more often than I like.  And so, I really didn’t want the cards and envelopes to be a casualty. I wound up having to put her on the floor and pushing everything just out of her reach. Everything survived, except my handwriting. Not so hot to start with, but grabbing hands and bumping feet made for a very shaky hand. I just hope the USPS can figure out the addresses. I’m sure the recipients will either deduce it’s from someone with Parkinson’s (can’t think of anyone in the family with Parkinson’s) or their relation with a busy Boop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment