Saturday, December 1, 2012

Motor Voter. 11-11-12


My job lets me off for the day to be sure to vote. It’s nice. A little extra time off that I really needed. Unfortunately, I still needed the time to prep for class, and it’s a bit difficult to get much done with Boop at home.

Knowing I would be off for the day, I scheduled Boop for the pediatrician. It was at 10am; so I figured I would get ready and try to vote beforehand. Well, that didn’t work out too well. It always takes us longer to get ready than I plan. So, we had about 15 min. to vote. It took me that long to get into the polling place <they really did a poor job of marking the entrance>. Then, there was a line; so we decided to go on to the pediatrician. Afterwards, I went to the grocery and to get gas; so it was after lunch before we got back.

Fortunately, the line was much shorter by then. We had to wait about a half hour to vote. Boop was getting pretty heavy by that time. Folks in the line helped to entertain her. She was mistaken for a boy more than once. I had her in her zebra costume. I figured I would try to get another  wear out of her outfit. Someday, Boop will look back at these things and will no doubt be annoyed, ‘Mom, why didn’t you dress me like a little girl?’ I wouldn’t be doing my job if my daughter wasn’t annoyed with me. I’m just getting some early practice in.  More than one person also asked about her voting. It will happen soon enough. She’s already into everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment