Sunday, December 2, 2012

Return Again. 11-26-12


I didn't fall off the planet, but it felt that way. Travel with a 10 month old is pretty stressful. The car rides are very unpleasant. Then, we both got some kind of sinus thing (and later some kind of GI thing). Not sure if it was viral or allergies, or both. There's something at Mom's house that I'm allergic to. 
Thanksgiving Day, getting food ready to take to Aunt D's

Then, there's the added stress of having a very active 10 month old in areas that aren't baby-proofed. I don't think Mom was really ready for us. She hadn't seen Boop in a month; so she was not prepared for the busy little girl that came to visit. Plus, I think Mom and I have very different parenting philosophies. I'm closer to one end of the spectrum, while Mom is closer to the other. Here's the punch line in most of our conversations: Me: "I think we should throw it out/get rid of it." Mom: "Aw, it's fine/<food> it's not hurt/<stuff> I'll take it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment