Monday, December 10, 2012

Here Comes Santa. 12-1-12


I couldn’t resist the Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace. I loved Little People when I was little. I had tons of them. My faves were the Little People Farm and the A Frame House. I had Little People car and the Little People Family Dog.

But the party ended during a trip to my Paw Paw’s. I had left many of them in the little bedroom at his house. When I went one weekend and looked in the room, they were all gone. Someone took them. I don’t know how much Paw Paw knew about it. I’m sure he didn’t anticipate my total devastation; it was not a happy weekend. I should still have the Little People Sesame Street downstairs somewhere. I looked for it last time I was home, but I couldn’t get to it. I hope Boop will be able to enjoy it. It’s so cool with a little merry-go-round and a wild slide. You see where this is heading. Boop won’t have to twist my arm to get me to play with her.

The new Little People aren’t as little. The old Little People required some imagination, as they were pretty much glorified old fashioned clothes pins/curvy pegs. The new Little People have proper arms and legs, and the Princess Songs Palace even allows the princesses to talk. Mom found a few Little People things at the store a few weeks ago. And I ordered a garage in the crazy cyber sales. I hope she enjoys them as much as I did.

A few months ago, I was lamenting to Mom the loss of the Weebles. I couldn’t figure out why they quit making them. My fave was the Weebles Mickey Mouse club. Well, I went out to get a few presents today and guess what I saw: WEEBLES! Granted there weren’t very many, and they didn’t come in any sort of set. But they were Weebles. The new ones are also bigger than the old Weebles. <Maybe some sort of choking hazard or something with the originals?> Of course, I had to get them. Now, Boop’s Christmas is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment