Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Next Meal. 8-31-12

I got home from the hospital and thought, "What am I going to eat?" Fortunately, I still had a few things that hadn't spoiled while I was in the hospital. Plus, I have a freezer full of frozen dinners.

This is one definite thing I will miss about the hospital. When I arrived, they gave me a menu, and I could just call down to the kitchen and tell them what I wanted to eat. Because I was breastfeeding it was all free. It was such a relief not to have to worry about feeding myself while there. I definitely did not want to leave Boop there alone while I went to the cafeteria. She would have completely freaked out! And I would have had to ask them to take her ankle thing <kind of like baby LoJack> off to take her out of the Peds area. The food was pretty good. They used a lot of that special ingredient called Ididn'thavetocookit, that made everything especially flavorful.


Don't get me wrong, I like to cook, but it's really been a challenge. #1 Boop doesn't have the patience for me to cook and #2 The things I normally cook are not good for nursing <I miss Thai simmer sauces!>. I have a few stand-by dinners these days. I eat a lot of gnocchi and a lot of bread with Biscoff spread--no peanuts, no chocolate. I remind myself that this is but a short time, and Boop needs all of the advantages with all of those awful antibiotics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment