Sunday, September 16, 2012

Parade of Boop. 9-13-12‏

Taken at my house before the trip...


So, we got up early on Thursday after our long day of traveling on Wednesday. Mom's other car was still in the shop; so I had to take her to work. Mom got a bit of a late start... and asked me to change clothes before we left. That's all I will write about that. 

Mom wanted to take Miss Boop to work for all of Mom's co-workers to see. Proud Grandma, her co-workers were probably expecting the child to virtually walk on water. And so Mom paraded my little chickadee along the isles of the folks at their desks and enjoyed their compliments. I walked behind exchanging nods and smiles in my demure black dress. Boop was enjoying the mobiles hanging from the ceiling. We went through her list of everyone that she wanted to see Boop, and then Boop and I headed back to the other side of town. Fortunately, I got ahold of my dad's aunt D, and Boop and I went by her house to get her for lunch. She just couldn't believe how big (and cute) Boop was, and then we went to try to pick up my dad's cousin R (D's daughter). Unfortunately, R couldn't get off work for lunch; so we visited a bit and headed to lunch. 


Boop was all over the place at the Chinese restaurant. She had a table of admirers, which was nice, but she was a handful. Afterwards, we headed over to D's, and I called my friend S over to visit us there. R stopped by after work. I hated leaving Winnie alone for so long, but I knew if I was at Mom's house, Winnie would want to go out every 5 minutes, and I would have to take her out to walk her while juggling the baby. So, it worked out extra well for us to stay at D's and visit. It also took some pressure off of me to look after Boop. I had a few willing helpers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment