Monday, September 17, 2012

Thai Time. 9-13-12


Taken at my house before the trip.
Motivation to crawl? Telephone and Remote

After having a bit of a visit at my dad's aunt D's, <Did I mention that she's in her 90's? She's in her 90's. She does so well to be in her 90's.> I went back to the house to get ready to go pick up Mom at work. I had gotten duck sauce all over Boop, and had to find a new outfit for her. I have put Mom in charge of selecting outfits; so I wondered what she would think of what I picked out. Fortunately, Mom wasn't too upset with Boop's outfit, and we headed to meet my dad's cousin S and his wife S for dinner. They had picked Thai, which I had hoped wouldn't be too spicy for Boop.

S and S hadn't really seen Boop before and were excited to see her. S had a present of a Nuby teether and a little outfit. She said she didn't know what size to get and hoped 6-9 months would be okay. I couldn't help but smile. Then, Mom and I looked at each other. 'Well, she's a little bigger than that.' She asked her size, and I explained that she was in 12 months, if not bigger. I explained that I would just exchange it for a bigger size. We all had a little chuckle at my big girl.
While Mom and I finished eating, S carried Boop around a little bit. The whole time he carried her, she was as quiet as a church mouse, taking it all in. He wanted to find her something special to eat--some frozen yogurt or something, but I don't think he realized her age in relation to her size. He also mentioned that it had been a while since he had a little one. <Their son, my cousin J is a couple of years older than me, and his kids are teens, I think. K was just having a birthday.> So, Boop enjoyed her baby food instead; maybe next time :). 

We had a nice visit; it was good to see them again. When we got home, Boop was totally wired. Not sure if it was the spice from the masamun curry in my milk, but she was bopping around, full of energy. It took us a while to get her calmed down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment