Wednesday, September 26, 2012

So Behind. 9-21-12

I've gotten so behind on posting. I've just been swamped. The week I got home, goodness, that's been nearly two weeks ago. I was fumbling to catch up. Two classes, even though one is a seminar, is pretty intense. I just found out I've been assigned to 3 service committees on top of everything else, and of course, I'm on a few other service committees too. That doesn't include grants and projects. Anyway, let me backtrack a bit. 
Boop picked ninja leg warmers to wear!

Monday (9-10-12) was a tough day to get going. Boop and I were both exhausted. Thank goodness I only had Seminar scheduled. Of course, I had a million other things on the agenda. Even though I'm not formally teaching, I still have to be on guard in case things go awry. And my preparation turned out to be a good idea for that seminar. My class of objectivists were trying to learn constructionism and subjectivism. It was all about epistemologies, which of course, is right up my alley. What is reality? And how do we go about knowing things? I'm not the best at epistemologies, but I guess I can hold my own. Our presenters were having a bit of trouble. I saw the confusion on everyone's faces, but I was hesitant to interrupt. Fortunately, my colleague jumped in to express her confusion. That was my opening, and I tried a few explanations. Then, I saw a flicker of recognition on the students faces. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment