Friday, September 28, 2012

Wednesdays. 9-22-12

Body in a class next to mine...

Wednesdays are my long days. I hate it for Boop. Her main teacher leaves before 4pm, and her secondary teacher leaves at 5pm. So, she's put in with several little ones that she doesn't know and teachers she doesn't know. 

And after the craziness of hospital and travel, this was going to be my first full class that I would teach for the course. Fortunately, it went fine. There's always a little nervousness with teaching, and this is my first discussion class. I think back about my profs, and it feels a bit surreal. Do I really know enough to manage off-the-cuff? My memory didn't come back to me as quick as I would have liked a few times, but I recovered well enough.

It's a race to get her after class. When we get home, I try to get at least 1 thing accomplished: dishwashing or laundry. And after being away, there was plenty of both. If I try to do too much, Boop gets very upset. I try not to antagonize her.

No comments:

Post a Comment