Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Can’t Stay There. 10-14-12


A friend had sent me a note about a Liam Finn concert in Nashville. No matter how much I tried to get it to work, it came down to two issues: harassing Boop in the car or flying. Bless her heart, these long trips in the car seat are sheer torture for her. And the option of flying still will involve a pretty good drive to the airport, then the cost of the plane ticket, a dogsitter, etc.  It would have also been nice to meet up with my Mom and her sisters for a long weekend vacay a few hours away. I just couldn’t get it to work.

Happy Halloween! from Mommy's 'Lil Pumpkin and me
And then another scare with a high temp for Boop. It was still early enough to run to Urgent Care and not have to go to the ER. We got right in, they did a cath and checked her ears. Fortunately, everything looked good. Probably a virus she picked up from one of the kids from daycare or from the event at S’s farm on Saturday. Such a relief. So, we came home, and I gave her some Motrin. She’s sleeping, now, thank goodness, something she hasn’t been able to do all day!

All of this made me think about things I shouldn’t think about. My little munchkin, how attached I am. God forbid anything happen to her. Although she’s turned my life upside down, I wouldn’t have it any other way. What would I do without her? What if something awful should happen? I think about the stairs, about her trying to stand on the marble floors, about… Best not to stay there.  A million things could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment