Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another Doctor. 4-3-12


This week is chock-full of doctor visits. Yesterday, it was the pediatrician for Boop. Today, it was the GI doctor for me. Tomorrow, it's the midwife for both of us to discuss lactation issues, again. Boop had to have a catheter yesterday. Fortunately, the GI doctor didn't have to do a physical exam on me and is just planning to wait until I have some tests. So I scheduled my upper and lower endoscopy for next month. It will be good to have that over with. Fingers crossed they will be clean. 
Nothing to do with today's post
The lion laying down with the lamb?
Something really strange happened today at the doctor, though. I guess I just take it for granted that doctors are comfortable with the human body and its functioning, especially GI doctors. Today at the GI doctor, after the nurse did her intake, the fellow came in to do an assessment. She was due in May, her first baby. I nursed through most of the assessment, and Boop was fairly calm and relaxed. Boop was about finished when the attending doctor came in. He saw that I was breastfeeding, seemed to avert his eyes, did a U-turn for the door, and said that he would come back when I was done. Um, it's not like I can't think, talk, and breastfeed at the same time. That really shocked me. So, I unlatched Boop and told the doctor not to leave. Last thing I need is to try to keep Boop occupied for another half hour while he sees someone else. You know, he's a GI doctor. You'd figure he is exposed to some of the less glorious part of the anatomy. Plenty of chances to see female parts when doing GI procedures. I couldn't figure that one out, 

No comments:

Post a Comment