Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tools. 4-22-12


I keep putting it off. The dreaded wood trim that needed to be cut at the door opening. I got an estimate of $400 for trim work, but it wasn’t worth that, being as I had already bought the trim. With the floors getting sanded, I at least wanted to get the door finished. Mom gave me a couple of cutting tools for Christmas; so I figured I’d use them to take care of the opening. I should have done it on Saturday, but I was procrastinating. My walk with another new mom got rained out/cold weather today; so I tried to get it done this morning.

Mom was trying to help me and had drawn a line to indicate where I would saw, but I had trouble seeing her line. Plus, the first tool I tried had a bit too much power and almost jumped out of my hands. Mom reminded me of the other tool she got me for Christmas, and it worked a bit better. It cut, but a large plume of smoke rolled out. The wood was a bit too thick. There was a nice coating of saw dust and fine dust all over, but I finished the deed.

Boop did fine through the whole thing. Mom had held her. Maybe she remembers some of the power tools from when she was in the womb. Or, maybe the white noise from the machines were soothing. As rough a time as she’s been having, maybe we need to try white noise some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment