Saturday, April 7, 2012

100 to 1st Day. 4-2-12

We started the day at the pediatrician office. Boop’s weight, height, and head circumference all around the 50th%ile. Well, her weight was 50th-75th%ile. All good news, especially the weight since I had cut out one of her bottles. She’s 12 lbs, 23.4 inches. But her temperature was 100 degrees. I felt so terrible as the doctor was questioning me, like I had been neglectful by not knowing she had a fever. I had asked if it were possible for her to have a urinary tract infection. She said that it was, and she inserted a catheter to test her. There were a few white blood cells; so she started her on antibiotics. We’re still waiting on the actual results, and then we’ll make a decision about a renal ultrasound.
Pinky almost big enough for the hat from Aunt D
waiting for Mommy to finish getting dressed before the pediatrician visit.
And so I sent Boop to her 1st day of daycare on Amoxicillin. We took it easy.  I got everything sorted before we left: got her mattress covered and blankets ready, labeled her bottles, completed her log sheets, got her diapers and coconut oil in the proper place. Then, I went to the nursing room to feed her for a little while. After she was back in her room and settled, I headed to work. They said I could call, but I wasn’t gone that long. Plus, I was much less stressed than with the other place, knowing that she would be well cared for.  We still need family photos for her crib. The worker kept saying that I needed to bring photos of my husband for the crib. This will be informative about when she reads those long and complicated forms I had to complete. I wrote that we are a 1 child, 1 Mom family. So, I’ll wait to hear if she mentions it again.      

No comments:

Post a Comment