Thursday, April 5, 2012

Daycare Is Now 3-31-12


I had just gotten up and was trying to get some pumping in before Boop awoke. I got the call. It was the daycare saying I was in. I was pretty muddled trying to process it. Kinda like winning Publisher’s Clearinghouse. Well, not really because the daycare would take money, rather than give it. They wanted me to start on Monday. A day and a half to prepare. Meanwhile, during my last visit, they said they give folks 2 weeks notice before they start; so I was really trying to sort it out. Of course, I was relieved. Then, the thought of all that money so quickly, and Mom had planned to come and take care of Boop for a few days. And emotionally, it was pretty fast. Maybe that is what hit me the most. Mentally, I didn’t have time to prepare myself for my baby to be in daycare.

So, having no choice about timing, I accepted the spot, emailed work to let them know I’d be back on Monday, and then in my mind, I started going through all of the stuff that I needed for daycare. Of course, right after I hit send, I got a call saying the daycare director would give me the 2 weeks. I was a bit stuck as I had already told several people I would be back and asked the daycare to let me think about what to do that the 2 weeks would be good. Drop-in service. Would they let me do drop-in service for a few days during the 2 weeks? It felt like I was pressing my luck, but I called to ask anyway. Sure, she said. Whew! Now to try and get things in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment