Thursday, April 19, 2012

Boop’s 1st Flight. 4-14-12

Boop on a Plane


I’m trying to reconstruct what’s happened the past few days. We left off at packing the car before the trip. So, we made our way quickly to the airport. Mom wanted to drive and dropped Boop and I off at the check-in and park the car. We waited and waited. Mom had opted to park in the long-term parking to save money, which was nice. The problem arose when she parked in a disabled spot. The hang tag I have for her expired in February. So, that was concerning, and I was hoping that my car wouldn’t be towed or something. Mom opted to head back out to move the car, which was a bit nerve-wracking as I was worried she’d miss the flight.

Boop and I headed to the TSA security screening with most of our stuff, and I guess we were kind of a pitiful sight. I just tried to put myself in the right state of mind, to take my time. One of the TSA people let us go through 1st class screening and another helped with all of the stuff. A big bag containing diaper bag, et al. plus, we had the stroller that came in 2 parts. Anyway, it was an ordeal that was made so much easier by helpful TSA man.

Mom followed not far behind. She had gotten the okay with the airport security to leave her car and didn’t have to go all the way back out to long-term parking. In the meantime, I had stopped at McDonald’s to get us a bite of lunch. Delta allowed pre-boarding of families with small children, which was really nice. We sat down, and Boop nursed a bit. She was asleep before we took off. I was concerned that she didn’t nurse as we took off, but I guess she was managing the change in pressure on her own. She did a great job: didn’t cry at all. She nursed a bit before we landed, but she didn’t nurse during the pressure changes as we were landing—managing like a seasoned pro at almost 3 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment