Monday, October 1, 2012

A Hiking We Will Go. 9-22-12‏

Taken by my mom a few weeks ago when we were back home

The students had planned a picnic at a nature area just out of town. The last time we did it was a year ago, and Boop was with me then--just not visible beyond ultrasound. I wasn't sure how all of the spicy Indian food would play out with nursing. I took it easy, and Boop seemed to do okay.

I was a few minutes late due to trying to get the salad together for the potluck. Boop was needing my attention more than I thought she would, but we managed. This would be inconceivable a few months ago. Fortunately, we were far from the last folks to arrive. 

I brought Boop's new-to-us Kelty along. We bought it off my friend, M, and it was transported from about 9 hours away to arrive via her mother and my mom. Maybe it was overkill for this brief event, but I wanted to try it out. I was wondering how I would manage to get it on, and I figured I would have lots of helpers there. 

Thankfully, we got it up and on. Boop seemed to like it. Folks said she was doing fine, taking it all in. I felt a tad off balance, but I realized after I took it off that I didn't have the belt on my waist. I probably should have looked up some directions online before trying it, but it seemed pretty straightforward. We didn't get to take a long enough trip, yet, but the leaves are turning. It's starting to look like good hiking weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment