Sunday, October 14, 2012

Last Weekend. 10-6-12


Occasionally, I try to do something nice for the new students. However, I don’t want to do it too frequently—or else I’ll lose my ‘rep’ as a mean old lady! I feel a bit like a Pharisee talking about the event last weekend, but here goes.
Boop having a little 'nightcap'...

We have a couple of new international students this year, and I invited them out for lunch. So, we went to a local pizza place, which I thought would be informal enough for families. The little ones were so cute, if not a bit bashful and uncomfortable speaking English. I tried to get a little bit of everything for them to try and hopefully find something that they would like. Thankfully, most things they seemed to like and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Of course, the best things were the glorified gumball machines that had toys in them on the way out the door. They must have thought it was like a lottery where you put a quarter in and may not get anything; so they were thrilled when actual toys came out. Had I known that they would have been so excited with a quarter toy, I would have started it earlier in the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment